Awhile back I signed up for a Firefall public beta invite after seeing it mentioned on some eSports websites and forums as a potential candidate for a new competitive title. I looked into it and didn’t see much potential for that, but I did see a game that looked fairly intriguing for an MMO. After a somewhat lengthy install I jumped in-game and began exploring the new world of Firefall. This video covers my experience as a new player (first impressions), what I liked and disliked, and a review of the game thus far.
- Downloader ran fine, nothing weird
- Nothing annoying when starting up (no forced ads/splash videos)
- Paste username and password!
- Has an invasive anti-cheat like most games (scans PC, like Warden)
- Be nice! You can be banned for any reason like most games nowadays
- Borderless window mode!
- Separate PVP video options
- Stream to Twitch from in-game
- Modify interface built in
- It looks like they did their research
- Create character gives some customization options, but not many
- Multiple classes to choose from
- Runs better than PlanetSide 2 which is what I would compare it against right away
- You can modify character if you donâ€™t like it after selecting
- World was really dark when I got in because it was night
- Gamma washed it out tho, might want to lessen the night effect a bit
- Not much of an introduction or help, I didnâ€™t know what I was doing
- Wandered out into the wilderness and got into a battle
- Since FPS was able to handle myself which was cool
- Felt like Borderlands
More World Notes
- Huge world, non-linear, go anywhere
- Gliders were sweet, you could have a lot of fun with those depending on world placement
- Still no help, where do I get quests? Are there outposts with quests?
- Like MMO Unreal Tournament
- Combat was exciting, doesnâ€™t tell if I got a reward or anything though
- Servers were slow, menus were slow, to be expected though, except maybe menu speed?
- NPCs / combat AI are dumb
- Combat can be pretty intense
- Not as many ppl playing as PS2, you def. canâ€™t take towers by yourself at low level
- Mining nodes like most MMOs, random â€œchestsâ€ (supply crates)
- Cool areas to explore, some epic monsters roaming around, quite a bit of empty space tho
- I seriously have no idea what I was supposed to be doing
- Night time is really dark
- I didnâ€™t see any vehicles driving around
- Weakness of both this game and PS2 was a lack of direction
- I just ran around aimlessly, this was better tho for MMO imo
- Quests I was able to do really repetitive, could be like GW2
- Did I get a quest reward? I have no idea…
- I didnâ€™t really understand the environment, there was beach resorts and houses randomly
- If F2P definitely something worth checking out
- Has potential for awesomeness
- Apparently you canâ€™t swim, I died so quickly I didnâ€™t even have a chance to respond, WTF!?!